What’s the latest advance in liposuction body contouring? The Body-Jet® is the latest technology that allows for a more gentle removal of excess areas of fat using the power of water pressure to break the fat cells apart. The disrupted fat can then be easily rinsed out through special tubes, called cannulas, allowing the surgeon to sculpture the areas with improved accuracy.
The patient thus benefits in multiple ways. Not only are the results better, but there is less bruising, less swelling, and less pain. Because the swelling is less during the procedure, there is less of a problem with contour irregularities and one gets a smoother result from this procedure. Moreover, downtime is less. Many patients resume normal activities within a day or two.
Dr. Robert True now offers this new advance in liposuction technology to his patients. His desire is to provide body contouring services that result in the best outcome possible with the least amount of discomfort and downtime for his patients. This new Body Jet technology fulfills this goal.
What makes this new technique so innovative and improved? It utilizes a pressurized spray of water to help loosen the fat cells for removal. Not only is the process easier on the structural tissues, the nerves and blood vessels, but also on the fat itself. Thus the fat removed can be utilized for fat transfers to other parts of the body with better health and survival of the fat cells once transferred.
Water-assisted liposuction offers many benefits when compared to traditional liposuction techniques. The advantages of using the Body-Jet for liposculpting are many:
- The procedure can be performed while the patient is awake, thus recovery is quicker.
- There is no need for a general anesthetic, thus avoiding many potential complications.
- Fat cells are broken with gentle water pressure rather than manually as with traditional liposuction techniques.
- Structural tissues are not torn or destroyed as much as with traditional liposuction.
- The procedure is less invasive, thus it is more comfortable.
- There is less bruising, less swelling, and less pain postoperatively.
- Most patients can resume normal activities only a day after the procedure.
- The results are generally smoother with less contour irregularities.
The Body-Jet procedure can reduce fatty areas in multiple different parts of the body. These include the arms, the abdomen, the flanks or the sides of the body, the waist, the hips, the outer and inner thighs. Multiple areas may be treated during the same session. It offers a unique method that results in a better outcome with less downtime for the patient. It is truly the “wave” of the future.